Event 3

IMG_3208.JPG
This week, I had the pleasure of finally attending UCSB‘s free admission art museum for the first time. These last couple of weeks, they featured art pieces pertaining to the idea of science and art which I thought was perfect for this class. I was able to look over different pieces created by past and present students that are involved in the Media, Arts and Technology department here on campus !

IMG_3212.JPGThe first piece of art that caught my attention was some sort of drawing of a frog-like creature. It instantly reminded me of the previous robot I saw at my last event ! When you stand in front of it, it is able to detect your presence based on its built in camera, and as soon as it knows you are there, it begins to read you a poem. This ties in, once again, with the robotics + art lecture from a couple of weeks because this piece of art is in some way like a robot. It has human-like abilities but only because of the machinery installed within it.

IMG_3207.JPG
In another room, I came across an interesting play. The play was about a man who learns about the worlds of robotics and technology. Basically, he comes to build his own robotic creature so that it can help him to record his web videos. I thought it was pretty interesting how he didn’t really need a human’s help to assist him in the recording of his videos. He had a robot help instead. I believe that eventually, we will all own robots and they will be the ones who do any and everything for us such as driving, cooking, cleaning, etc.

IMG_3217.JPGLastly, I learned a little bit about digital inkjet art and the science behind it. I found that this connected to science art and technology in a way because it is made using an inkjet printer. But before the printer comes the computer. Computers have everything to do with science and technology and this piece of art wouldn’t have been created without the use of a computer which equates to the use of science ! Although I do wish our official art museum contained more interactive media arts and technology pieces, I do recommend it because when these pieces are available to us, they are always top notch !
FullSizeRender-3.jpg





 Event Date : May 13th 2017 - June 4th 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog